Ms Johnson's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE

+9
William Rankin
naylorm
Duttonj
Ben W
Harry
Jonathan Fee
jackko
Jerry
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Question Six: MUST COMPLETE

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:30 am

What is propaganda? Give two examples of propaganda the students receive at school.

Admin
Admin

https://msjohnsonenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Re: Question Six: MUST COMPLETE

Post  Jerry Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

A propaganda is a thing that disorientate you from what you believe in and what you don't believe in. Example at school will someone assumed as a tool and the whole year will call that person a tool.
Jerry
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty chapter six question six

Post  jackko Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Propaganda means spreading out information for the purpose of promoting some cause or to help and injure an institution, a cause, or a person. However, in this book, they use propaganda as to influence somebody for the purpose of promoting the rulers.

Ex 1. People learn about many propaganda phrases and songs about Chairman Mao and Vice-Chairman Lin Biao.
Teacher: ‘Now I want you to repeat each phrase after me?’
Student: ‘Long, long live Chairman Mao!’
Teacher: ‘I love Chairman Mao!’
Student: ‘I love Chairman Mao!’
Pg. 75

Ex 2. We all stood up, took our hats off, bowed to Mao’s picture and shouted ‘Long, long live Chairman Mao! Vice Chairman Lin, good health, forever good health!’
Pg. 73

Last edited by jackko on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:42 am; edited 2 times in total

jackko

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Answer to Question 6:

Post  Jonathan Fee Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 am

What is propaganda? Give two examples of propaganda the students receive at school.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself.

Example 1) ‘Long, long live Chairman Mao! Vice Chairman Lin, good health, forever good health!’
Page - 73

Example 2) They learn about many propaganda phrases and songs about Chairman Mao:
Twisted Evil Page - 75

Jonathan Fee
Jonathan Fee

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Chapter 6 Question 6

Post  Harry Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:52 am

Porpaganda is something you use to make people believe their way. In Mao's Last Dancer, they teach the students to love Chairman Mao.

Example 1) ""Now i want you to repeat each phrase after me." Our teacher pointed to the first line of words with her yard-long stick. "Long, long live Chairman Mao" she read. "Long, long live Chairman Mao!" we repeated. " I love Chairman Mao!" she read. "I love Chairman Mao!" we replied."
PG 75

Example 2) " We all stood up, took our hats off, bowed to Mao's picture and shouted " Long, long live Chairman Mao! Vice-Chairman Lin, good health, forever good health!"
PG 73
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Ben W's question 6

Post  Ben W Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Propaganda is a way of helping someone move on with their life.

Example 1: "Long live chairman Mao." Pg 73.

Example 2: Teacher "Long live chairman Mao."
Class "Long live chairman Mao."
Teacher " I love chairman Mao."
Class "I love chairman Mao."

Ben W

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:36 am

Propaganda:the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.

Example 1: At Li's school they learn many songs and phrases for example this song

Pg-75
my second example is:
‘Long, long live Chairman Mao! Vice Chairman Lin, good health, forever good health!’
Pg-73. bounce bounce
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty What is propaganda? Give two examples of propaganda the students receive at school

Post  naylorm Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:45 am

1. Long, long live chairman Mao
2. I love chairman Mao

naylorm

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty What is propaganda? Give two examples of propaganda the students receive at school?

Post  William Rankin Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 am

propaganda is when people spread around information and convince people with that information is true.

some examples of propaganda is when their teachers tell them quotes like "long long live Chairman Mao! vice-chairman Lin, good health, forever good health" and "i love Chairman Mao"

William Rankin

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty What is propaganda? Give two examples of propaganda the students receive at school.

Post  glovero Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 am

Propaganda is making people believe what you want them to believe but this could also mean making people believe a lie. An example of this is when the teacher shows them a picture of Chairman Mao and then says to the class that each day they have to bow to Chairman Mao because without him they wouldn’t be here. Another propaganda is the teacher said to the class that they need there red book or else they are lost souls.

glovero

Back to top Go down

Post  nick d Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:02 am

propaganda is sending information that in this case, is used to make people love chairman Mao they do this by making the students repeat after the teacher "long. long live chairman Mao, i love chairman Mao, you love chairman Mao, we all love chairman Mao". Li sais "we repeated this until we had it memorized in our head for ever

nick d

Back to top Go down

Post  BenJ Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:55 am

Propoganda is where someone says stuff that they proposed to do and is usualy used when they have say a lot of things and haven't done any of them. two exampels of propoganda that the children recive at school were that chairman moa would make the wolrd better.

BenJ

Back to top Go down

Question Six: MUST COMPLETE Empty Question six

Post  Liam Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:41 am

it is where the teachers inform the children certain quotes such as "Long, long live chairman Mao" and "I love chairman Mao" Twisted Evil
Liam
Liam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down