Ms Johnson's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Two

+11
BenJ
Jerry
David J
jackko
Bryce
William Rankin
Andrew Sott
Ben W
Jonathan Fee
Harry
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Question Two Empty Question Two

Post  Admin Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 am

On page 58, the paragraph beginning with ‘Eventually the door opened.’ uses ambiguous pronouns. Rewrite this paragraph so that the person who is being discussed is always clear.

Admin
Admin

https://msjohnsonenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Chapter 4 Question 2

Post  Harry Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Eventually the door opened. His wife stood there, begging for mercy.. She told the communist leader that her husband was so sick he couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't believe her. He demanded to see him. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick.

A few years later, I remember seeing the communist leader sitting by his gate on a little chair. He looked pale and motionless. He had lost all` his hair. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had become one of Mao's young Guards and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.

Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Answer to Question 2:

Post  Jonathan Fee Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 am

On page 58, the paragraph beginning with ‘Eventually the door opened.’ uses ambiguous pronouns. Rewrite this paragraph so that the person who is being discussed is always clear.

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist leader that her husband was so sick he couldn't even get off the bed. The revolutionary leader didn't believe her. He demanded to see the head villager. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head villager sitting by his gate on a little chair. He looked pale and motionless. He'd lost all his hair. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had became one of Mao's young Guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.

Jonathan Fee
Jonathan Fee

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Ben W's question 2

Post  Ben W Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:47 am

Eventually the door opened. My niang stood there, begging for mercy. My niang told the communist leader that my dia was so sick my dia couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't belive my niang. The leader demanded to see my dia. When the leader did the leader became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few days later, I remember seeing my dia sitting by his gate on a little chair. My dia looked very pale and motionless. My dia had lost all his hair. I felt desperatly sorry for him, but by the that time i too had become one of Mao's young gaurds, and i felt guilty for even thinking that way.

Ben W

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty ANDOTRAIN's ANSWERS

Post  Andrew Sott Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:52 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist that her husband was Very, sick he couldn't leave the bed. The leader didn't believe her. He demanded to see the head villager. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head villager sitting by his gate on a little red chair. He looked pale and motionless. He'd lost most of his hair. I fel sorry for him, but by that time I too had became one of Mao's young Guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.
Andrew Sott
Andrew Sott

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty ANDOTRAIN's ANSWERS

Post  Andrew Sott Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:53 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist that her husband was Very, sick he couldn't leave the bed. The leader didn't believe her. He demanded to see the head villager. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head villager sitting by his gate on a little red chair. He looked pale and motionless. He'd lost most of his hair. I fel sorry for him, but by that time I too had became one of Mao's young Guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.
Andrew Sott
Andrew Sott

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty the town leader

Post  William Rankin Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Eventually the door opened. His wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist leader that her town leader(her husband) was so sick he couldn’t even get off the bed. The leader didn’t believe her. He demanded to see him. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later I remember seeing the town leader sitting by the gate on his little chair. The town leader looked pale and motionless. The town leader had lost all his hair.

William Rankin

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Re: Question Two

Post  Bryce Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist leader her husband was in a dire situation unable to even get out of the bed. The leader didn't believe her. He demanded to see the head villager. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was sick. A few years later i saw the town leader sitting near the gate on his little red chair, he had lost all his hair, i felt sorry for him. by then i was one of Mao's guards, i guilty for thinking like that.

Bryce

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty chapter four question two

Post  jackko Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Eventually the door opened. His wife, niang stood there, begging for mercy. Niang told the communist leader, who rules the village that her husband, dia was so sick he couldn’t even get off the bed. The communist leader did not believe her. He demanded to see dia. When the communist leader did, he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing my dia sitting by his gate on a little chair. My Dia looked very pale and motionless. My dia had lost all his hair. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had become one of Mao’s young guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.

jackko

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Reply to question 2

Post  David J Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:05 am

Eventually the door opened. The head of our viiliage's wife stood there, begging mercy for her husband, the head of the village. She told the communist leader that the head of the village couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't believe the head of our villiage's wife. The communist leader demanded to see him, but when he did, he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing our head villager sitting by his gate on a little chair. The head villager looked pale and motionless. He'd lost all his hair. Even his eyebrows were gone. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by the time i wasn one of Mao's young Guards too, and i felt guilty for even thinking that way.
David J
David J

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Reply to question 2

Post  David J Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 am

Eventually the door opened. The head of our viiliage's wife stood there, begging mercy for her husband, the head of the village. She told the communist leader that the head of the village couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't believe the head of our villiage's wife. The communist leader demanded to see him, but when he did, he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing our head villager sitting by his gate on a little chair. The head villager looked pale and motionless. He'd lost all his hair. Even his eyebrows were gone. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by the time i wasn one of Mao's young Guards too, and i felt guilty for even thinking that way.
David J
David J

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:57 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, begging for mercy. She told the communist that her husband was super sick he couldn't get out of the bed. The communist leader didn't believe her. He ordered to see the head villager. When he did he became convinced that the head villager was super sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head villager sitting by his gate on a little red chair. He looked pale and motionless. He'd lost most of his hair. I felt sorry for him, by that time I had became one of Mao's young Guards, and I felt guilty for thinking that way.
Jerry
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post  BenJ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 am

Eventually the door opened. The head of the villages' wife sted there, begging for mercy. she told told the communist leader that the village leader was so sick he couldn't even get off the bed. The communist leader didn't belive her. The communist leader demanded to see the village leader. When the communist leader saw him he became convinced that the headof the villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing him sitting by his gate on a little chair. The head villager looked pale and motionless. the village leaderr had lost all his hair. I felt despritly soorry for the village leader, but by that time I had too become one of mao's young guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.

BenJ

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty On page 58, the paragraph beginning with ‘Eventually the door opened.’ uses ambiguous pronouns. Rewrite this paragraph so that the person who is being discussed is always clear.

Post  glovero Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:33 am

The door of the village leader’s house was locked and the communist banged on it screaming, ‘open the door, open the door!’ Eventually the door opened. The head of the village’s wife stood there begging for mercy. She told the communist leader that her husband was so sick he couldn’t get off the bed. The leader didn’t believe her. The communist leader demanded to see her husband. When he did the leader became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head leader sitting by the gate on a little chair. He looked pale and motionless. The leader had lost all his hair .I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had to become one of Mao’s young Guards, and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.

glovero

Back to top Go down

Post  Liam Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:36 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villager's wife stood there, pleading for mercy. She told the communist that her husband was incredibly sick he couldn't get out of the bed. pale He had lost all his hair and was motionless, he looked as if it was clear that he had cancer. Shocked
Liam
Liam

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:45 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villagers wife stood there, begging for mercy. The wife told the communist leader that her husband was so sick he couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't believe her. the communist leader demanded to see her husband. When the communist did he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the communist leader sitting by his gate on a little chair. He looked pale and motionless. He had lost all` his hair. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had become one of Mao's young Guards and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villagers wife stood there, begging for mercy. The wife told the communist leader that her husband was so sick he couldn't even get off the bed. The leader didn't believe her. the communist leader demanded to see her husband. When the communist did he became convinced that the head villager was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the communist leader sitting by his gate on a little chair. He looked pale and motionless. He had lost all` his hair. I felt desperately sorry for him, but by that time I too had become one of Mao's young Guards and I felt guilty for even thinking that way.
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Question Two Empty Question 2

Post  Zac Comley Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:22 am

Eventually the door opened. The head villager’s wife stood there, begging for mercy. The head villager’s wife told the communist leader that he husband was so sick the head villager couldn’t even get off the bed. The communist leader didn’t believe the head villager’s wife. The communist leader demanded to see the head villager. When the communist leader did the communist leader become convinced the head leader was indeed very sick. A few years later, I remember seeing the head villager sitting by his gate on a little chair. The head villager looked pale and motionless. The head villager had lost all his hair. Li felt desperately sorry for the head villager, but by that time Li too had become one of Mao’s young Guards, and Li’ felt guilty fo even thinking that way.
Zac Comley
Zac Comley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down