Ms Johnson's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question One

+14
David J
jackko
Bryce
nick d
Duttonj
jedd b
naylorm
William Rankin
Liam
Jonathan Fee
Ben W
Harry
Andrew Sott
Admin
18 posters

Go down

Question One Empty Question One

Post  Admin Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:32 am

Why do Li’s parents give away their son to his Aunt and Uncle? Do you think this is a heartless or a loving act?

Admin
Admin

https://msjohnsonenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty ANDOTRAIN's ANSWERS

Post  Andrew Sott Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 am

I personally think that the gave on of their sons away to there Aunt and Uncle was a Loving act because the Li family was to poor to raise, feed or care so the gave him to a relative this was a great loving caring act, but the only thing i don't get is if they new they couldnt take care of him why did they have more kids
Andrew Sott
Andrew Sott

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Chapter 4 Question 1

Post  Harry Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 am

Li's parents gave away their son to his Aunt and Uncle because they were not able to have children. Out of love and compassion Li's parents agreed to let them adopt their third son. When he was two years old, Cunmao was given to Li's uncle and aunt and Li and his brothers though they were cousins.
I think this was a loving act because Li's parents are nice enough to give one of their son's to them because they were unable to have children of their own. Because of this, Cunmao had enough food to eat every night unlike all of his brothers.

Last edited by Harry on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Ben W's question 1

Post  Ben W Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:05 am

Li's parents give away their son because at the time they can't care for him and they want him to get the best out of his life so Li's aunt and uncle adopt him. I think that this is a loving decision not a heartless decision because they give him to someone they know who are going to care for him and they want him to get the best out of his life.

Ben W

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Answer to Question 1:

Post  Jonathan Fee Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:48 am

Why do Li’s parents give away their son to his Aunt and Uncle? Do you think this is a heartless or a loving act?

Li's parents gave their son away because they already 6 sons, their Aunt and Uncle has no children, so they gave one away.
Jonathan Fee
Jonathan Fee

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Re: Question One

Post  Liam Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:30 am

It was decided before he was born because he was not singled out. affraid Niang said "you would be destroyed if I took you back! I will always love you as one of my sons whether you're with us or not. But you must first love you're aunt and uncle and bear a son's responsibilities towards them. You may then love us too if you desire"
Liam
Liam

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty do you think that giving away there son was a heartless act?

Post  William Rankin Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:15 am

when Li's third brother was almost two years old his niang and dia agreed to let his dia's brother and wife adopt him because they were unable to have children.

Li and Cunmao had always thought they were cousins until he was a teenager and found out the truth about were he really came from and as soon as he found out he came storming into their house and had a big argument about how he wanted to live with the Cuxin family but in the end he went back to his parents.

i think this wasn't a heartless act because they were thinking about the benefit of his dia's brother and i think it would really suck not to have a kid especially in those days because they could work and earn money so i think it wasn't a heartless act.

William Rankin

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Why do Li’s parents give away their son to his Aunt and Uncle? Do you think this is a heartless or a loving act?

Post  naylorm Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:13 pm

1.Li’s parents gave away Cunmao because they had enough sons that they can handle and thought their uncle and aunt could adopt him.

2.I think it was out of love, li’s parents could have just put him in a orphanage or just have put him on the side of the road but instead they gave him to a loving family that could look after him and li’s family could go see him any day they liked.

naylorm

Back to top Go down

Post  jedd b Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:36 pm

Because they could not have babies so out of love and compassion they gave one of there sons to them and Li thought they were always cousins and then they found out they were actually brothers.

jedd b

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Li's parents gave away there son to Li's fourth uncle and aunt because they could not physically have a son or daughter of there own. Li's Dia and fourth uncle grew up very closely there fore were good friends. Once Li's parents found out they decided to give there son away to them before he was born so they could have there own child. bounce bounce
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Post  nick d Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Li's parent gave away their third son to Li's Aunt and uncle out of love. The family was too poor to raise him and Li's Uncle and Aunt were not able to have children so they let them adopt the son. Li's parent did this with the best intentions so it wasn't a heartless act at all.

nick d

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty chapter 4 question 1

Post  Bryce Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:57 pm

I don't think this was either a heartless or a loving act, Li's parents gave away Li when he was two years old because it would be to hard to support another child after having so many, in there state poverty.

Bryce

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty chapter four question one

Post  jackko Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Giving the niang's third son had been chosen to be adopted even before the third child was born. It was a promise to give them a third child because uncle and aunt couldn’t have any child. I assume this would be extremely a hard choice for niang and dia to give the third child. When the third child wont try to leave, niang says “I beg you to forget that im your real mother! Do you think it is easy for me to see you around every day? Go back and love your parents. They love you. You’re luckier than your brothers. At least you have enough food to eat”. I think Niang show angers to persuade the third child to leave and because she didn’t wanted to show her tears in front of the pitiful child.

jackko

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Reply to question 1

Post  David J Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:01 am

The act that Niang and Dia did to the third child was actually a loving act. The third child was given to uncle and aunt because they promised them. Uncle and aunt could not have a baby. It would have put Niang and Dia in a big pressure and sadness to give the child away, but it was better for the child because at least he had enough food to eat. Therefor, it was a hard decision for Niang and Dia but they just had to send the child away.

David J
David J

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Because there wasn't enough money for Li's Dia and Nia to support the living of the whole family, so Li's mom decided that she will give away her son to Uncle and Aunt. This isn't a heartless action because if the son stayed he will be suffering more than if he gets sent away
Jerry
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post  BenJ Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:24 am

li's parents gave li's brother away because there here sister can't have a baby and li's family have a lot of kids. this is an act of love for here sister and her son because here sister is able to raise a baby and her son can have anough food because there is only one son

BenJ

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty Why do Li’s parents give away their son to his Aunt and Uncle? Do you think this is a heartless or a loving act?

Post  glovero Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:32 am

She gave him away because she was over her head with work and they couldn’t afford to take care of another son. So she gave them to Li’s uncle. There he at least would be loved fed and have a nice home to live in. his niang felt very bad for doing this but it was for his own good.

glovero

Back to top Go down

Question One Empty question 1

Post  Zac Comley Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:52 am

Li’s parents gave away their son to his Aunt and Uncle because they couldn’t have children, so Li’s parents out of compassion my parents agreed to let them adopt there third son. I think this was a loving act because his Aunt and Uncle couldn’t have children so they were being nice and letting them to adopt there kid. Also they wouldn’t have enough food for them all so it’s good for there son so now he gets enough food.
Zac Comley
Zac Comley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down