Ms Johnson's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE

+9
naylorm
nick d
Duttonj
William Rankin
Ben W
Jonathan Fee
Andrew Sott
Jerry
Admin
13 posters

Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Question Five - MUST COMPLETE

Post  Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am

‘When the officials left our house, all my dia said was, “I’d better get to work. I’ll see you tonight.” But he looked at me in a strange way, as though he was seeing something new."

Why is Li’s father looking at him strangely? What is the new thing he sees in his son?

Admin
Admin

https://msjohnsonenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Re: Question Five - MUST COMPLETE

Post  Jerry Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Li was chosen to join the Madame Mao's Beijing Dance Academy by a group of village, commune and city officials that came into their backyard with a broad smile on their faces. His Dia thinks that his son might a chance to go out to learn and see the world, instead of living as a peasant with almost no future.
Jerry
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty ANDOTRAIN's ANSWERS

Post  Andrew Sott Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:33 am

Dia thought he had a new son in front of him because he had a chance to start a new life. he was the first one in the family to have that opportunity and also he looked at him strangely because that might be the last time that he says “I’d better get to work. I’ll see you tonight.”
Andrew Sott
Andrew Sott

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Answer to Question 5:

Post  Jonathan Fee Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:35 am

‘When the officials left our house, all my dia said was, “I’d better get to work. I’ll see you tonight.” But he looked at me in a strange way, as though he was seeing something new."

Why is Li’s father looking at him strangely? What is the new thing he sees in his son?

Li was very lucy to be chosen into the dance acadamy by the commune and city officials. When his dia said "I’d better get to work. I’ll see you tonight." Li's dia knew that he might have a chance to see China, maybe the world that work as a peasant in the fields with the rest of his family, and give him to future.
Jonathan Fee
Jonathan Fee

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Ben W's question 5

Post  Ben W Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:58 am

Li's dia looks at him strangly because he doesn't want him to turn out like he did and he wants him to help Li. He wants Li to have a good life and to take any oppotunities he gets in his life.

Ben W

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty answer to question 5

Post  William Rankin Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 pm

i think that Li's dia gave him a strange look to say that he was proud of Li for doing so well or a look of envy because Li will get to escape this cruel world of poverty and starvation and also proudness because his son has given his family something new to be proud of

William Rankin

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:01 am

Li's Dia looked strangely at Li as he left because he saw a new person in his son and saw that he could leave there little village and make something of him self and have a future. bounce bounce
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Post  nick d Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:13 am

His Dia looked at him differently because Li had a chance to live a different life, a better life out of poverty. His Dia also was so happy, his dia said "go, and do something special in your life"

nick d

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Why is Li’s father looking at him strangely? What is the new thing he sees in his son?

Post  naylorm Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:18 am

Li’s father knew son was growing up and he was so proud of him for having a dreaming, trying to get it and succeeding. Li’s dad is so happy for him because he has the chance to escape the cruel life he was been living.

naylorm

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Reply to question 5

Post  David J Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:30 am

Father looked at him in a strange way because he was proud of him and thought there was something inside Cunxin like potential of him inside that has got to do with ballet dancing.
David J
David J

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Chapter 7 Question 5

Post  Harry Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:33 am

Li's dia looked at him in a strange way, as though he was seeing something new because he thinks Li has a great chance to start a new life and be a very successful ballet dancer in Beijing. He wants Li to escape the poor world of starvation and have joy in his life so he can have a good future.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty ‘When the officials left our house, all my dia said was, “I’d better get to work. I’ll see you tonight.” But he looked at me in a strange way, as though he was seeing something new."

Post  glovero Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:43 am

He is seeing hope for his son and family a brighter future. He is amazed that his son has got such talent coming from there family. His dad is so proud he is lost for words. I think it opened his eyes that he doesn’t no that much about his sun.

glovero

Back to top Go down

Question Five - MUST COMPLETE Empty Reply

Post  jackko Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Li’s father has been working as a peasant in his whole life. It would have been surprising news for him to hear that his son ‘Li cunxin’ was chosen to join the Madame Mao’s Beijing Dance Acedemy which is hard to join. A new thing he see in his son is a talented ballet skills and he obviously would have not known that a son of peasant would be talented at ballet.

jackko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down