Ms Johnson's English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question One: MUST COMPLETE

+7
William Rankin
nick d
Duttonj
Jonathan Fee
Andrew Sott
Ben W
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Question One: MUST COMPLETE

Post  Admin Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:07 am

What does Li’s description of his early days at the Ballet school tell us about his life in the village?

Admin
Admin

https://msjohnsonenglish.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Ben W's question 1

Post  Ben W Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 am

Li's first days in the ballet school were very sobby because everyone was home sick and everyone was having a cry. He said, "The girls were sobbing more that the boys." pg. 136-137.

Ben W

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty ANDOTRAIN's ANSWERS

Post  Andrew Sott Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:21 am

He tells a great story in his emotions when he lived back in the village. His mother and Father were very kind and loving. he missed his all his brothers and family. "The girls were sobbing more that the boys." but the teachers just told them to 'man up'.
Andrew Sott
Andrew Sott

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Answer to Question 1:

Post  Jonathan Fee Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:34 am

What does Li’s description of his early days at the Ballet school tell us about his life in the village?

When Li first joined the dance acadamy he was very home sick and would very much enjoy visiting his family in their village called Shangdown Provits for the first four or so years.
Jonathan Fee
Jonathan Fee

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty answer

Post  Duttonj Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 am

Li's description of the early days in the academy show that to him his village was great and that he had lots of friends and that he was homesick
because of the way it say he clutched his Niangs quilt.
Duttonj
Duttonj

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Re: Question One: MUST COMPLETE

Post  nick d Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:42 am

he said he was enjoying the ballet school, he had lots of friends, but he was homesick. You could tell he was homesick when he said "Nights were the worst. i couldn't wait to get to bed so i could clutch my Niang's quilt, my only security".

nick d

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty What does Li’s description of his early days at the Ballet school tell us about his life in the village?

Post  William Rankin Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:54 am

Li's first few weeks at the academy he is very homesick and he would often think about his family back in shandong province and he said that everybody was sad for the first few days and he said his favorite time was bed time because he would cuddle up with his niang's quilt.

William Rankin

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Reply to question 1

Post  David J Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:09 pm

He did not want to stay in the academy because there was only rules, scary teachers and mostly, he was homesick. He misses his families, friends and he felt unsafe in the academy. All he could do was get use to it and hang on to the quilt at night.
David J
David J

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:20 pm

The first day in the Madame Mao's Dance Academy everybody was homesick, everyone was crying and when Li thinks about his family back in ShanDong it makes him cry too. His favorite time was when he can cuddled his quilt that his Niang made for him at night time.
Jerry
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:49 pm

Li's description of the early days of ballet school was all the people being very home sick, lonely. He said "Nights were the worst, i couldn't wait to go to bed, so i could clutch my niang's quilt for security". It was his only hope for breaking the vicious cycle of poverty by staying at the ballet school. The city kid's coped much better then the country ones, they were more confident and coped well.
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Question One: MUST COMPLETE Empty Reply

Post  jackko Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:48 pm

He had a great time with his family and brothers; he was being loved by his parents and played with his old friends. However after he joins the Mao’s Beijing Dance Academy, he was homesick and missed all what he did back in the village. On the first day in the ballet school were mostly filled up with tears, many people were homesick and many people was having a cry. But the girls cried more than the boys.

jackko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down